The Best Beverage Coolers on the Market
If you want cold drinks at your fingertips, having a cooler is the ideal solution for this problem. Finding the best beverage cooler can be difficult will all the models out there.
The goal is being able to have any type of drink you want to be chilled to the perfect temperature. The beverage cooler should be convenient, saving you the hassle of running to the refrigerator all the time.
Our Pick: 5 Best Beverage Cooler to Use
Facts about the Top Beverage Coolers out There
There are a few things to keep in mind when selecting a beverage cooler. Where are you going to put it? Different models are different sizes and you should take this into account when choosing a cooler. You need to have a source of electricity for the beverage cooler to keep drinks chilled.
Furthermore, the space you choose should be flat and level as this will ensure the cooler runs properly and lasts for a long time.
Another important consideration is the overall size and versatility of the cooler. If you have all the room in the world, then you might want to consider getting a large model, to store everything from cans to large wine bottles. Some coolers come with many removable shelves, allowing you to layout your space however you see fit.
A good beverage cooler will reach the perfect temperature no matter what you are storing, from beer to soda. Make sure you check out the temperature range on the cooler you are looking at to see if it meets your needs.
If it doesn’t, it may be possible to make some alterations, in order to make the cooler colder. Anyways, it’s just something to think about, in case you fall in love with a particular cooler that doesn’t have the range you were after.
If you like an easy clean up, make sure that your cooler has an automatic or just any type of defrost function. Even a drip tray helps with the build up of frost, these are all nice features to have.
Finding the Right Temperature for Your Beverages
Whether you are storing your homebrewed beer or some specialty juice from the store, keeping it at the proper temperature can make all the difference when it comes to the flavor. In most cases, beer is served at much too cold of a temperature.
Beers that contain a lot of aromatics or more ingredients should be kept at a temperature of 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Whereas beers with lots of flavor will be better served at around 50 degrees.
Other types of alcohol like wine and liquor are also often served up at the wrong temperature. When this happens it changes both the complexity and aroma, altering the taste completely. Serve up red wine at around 60F, dry white wine and roses at 55F, and other white wines at 60F, approximately.
Most of the time the bottle will indicate the right temperature to store your alcohol at. When it comes to mixed drinks or hard liquor you don’t have to worry as much, as they are often served chilled on ice.
For non-alcoholic drinks, keeping them at the right temperature is important for both safety reasons and taste. Milk should be stored at 35F, pop at around 40F, and water is best at around 55F.
Why You should Own Beverage Cooler?
First and foremost, beverage coolers are convenient. They save you the trouble of running to the shop or the kitchen for another drink. When you throw a party, you can stock up and everyone can enjoy a tall frosty cold one.
Plus, you can put a wide range of drinks in your cooler, including wine, beer, water, soda, and juice, just to name a few. Allowing you to keep all your guests satisfied and hydrated.
Second, they can be a perfect solution for a small space, like a dorm room or bachelor pad. The come in a range of styles, so you can get one that matches your taste. Whether you like mirror finishes or the open look of a glass door, there are many models out there. From stainless steel trim to sleek black, there are a few options available. They are a great space saver!
Third, if you are worried about keeping your alcoholic beverage away from your children or others, some coolers have the ability to be locked. That’s right! You can keep your drinks safe and secure with a lock and key. Moreover, some coolers are so small that they can be kept on top of a high shelf, out of reach.
Finally, beverage coolers help you stay organized. Some coolers even come with removable shelves or drawers for food.
The Top 5 Beverage Coolers that You Can't Skip
Danby makes a sleek beverage center, with black wire shelves and a cool LED interior lights that illuminate the selection of drinks. The tempered glass door has a unique design, with the trim made from stainless steel, and it makes a nice statement. The door is also reversible, so you can put this cooler almost anywhere.
- With a total capacity of 120 cans, Danby has more than enough room to store all the drinks you need for that next big party.
- You won’t even have to worry about your drinks getting stolen or going missing, as this cooler comes with a lock and key on the recessed door.
- It was made to cool drinks to a temperature between 43 and 57 degrees Fahrenheit, which is great for storing beer or soda.
- The wire shelves may cause your cans to tip over. However, by using shelf liners you can fix this problem if it happens to bother you. The interior light is not that bright, as it is only an incandescent light bulb. This cooler can also make clicking sounds, but it only happens occasionally
This cooler is very versatile, with six shelves that are fully removable, you can set it however you want. The glass door is reversible and trimmed with stainless steel, which compliments the black cooler. The LED lights up the interior making it very easy to find the drink you are after. This is a great unit, with enough room for all your cans and bottles. The pros of the Edge Star make it my personal favorite cooler.
- The Edge Star was created to hold over 100 12-ounce cans and 5 bottles that are 750 mL.
- The temperature can be set roughly between 35 and 55 degrees Fahrenheit, as it uses a compressor to cool your beverages.
- Edge Star also makes beverage coolers that can reach colder temperatures if needed.
- The size of this cooler makes it ideal for a bar, as it is compact.
- There are a couple of cons when it comes to this cooler. Of all the coolers reviewed, this is the loudest. However, it is not that bad, just a constant humming noise. No louder than your average refrigerator. Plus, you can definitely hear when the compressor starts and stops. It's noticeable, but not annoying. Be careful, as this cooler can get really cold and you run the risk of your beverages freezing and potentially exploding.
The cooler from Avanti is gorgeous, with a mirror finish on the door, the black design makes it perfect for any type of decor. This unit provides a great blend of quality design, cold temperatures, and stylish look.
- The best part about the beverage cooler by Avanti is that it runs silently, you won’t even know its in the same room.
- It works great, holding around two dozen cans or bottles, cooling them off in no time.
- It took around an hour, which was great!
- This is a great cooler for a dorm or bedroom, as it is small and stylish.
- This is the only cooler reviewed that does not have a glass door. However, if you want to see the contents of your fridge, simply turn on the interior light and they will show through. The other big flaw with this cooler is that it comes with two shelves, which are not needed. This small cooler does not have enough room for all the drinks and the shelves.
This cooler by New Air is elegant, and can fit into just about any setting, from the office to at home. As it runs very quietly and will not be distracting. The stainless steel and black exterior compliment the glass door. This cooler has the ability to fit in wine bottles as well, with a bit of reconfiguration of the interior shelving.
- The New Air is made to hold around 125 cans of pop or beer.
- It has five racks that are removable, as well as, a large storage bin.
- This cooler has a manual temperature control system, reaching a cool temperature of 34 degrees.
- This is ideal for storing and cooling beer, as they will be nice and frosty when you are ready for a cold one.
- here are a couple of minor issues with this cooler. First, the unit does have a bit of a slant, but not enough that it wobbles around. Second, the fridge door does not have a stopper and when the door is open, it can swing out to its full length. Finally, there is a temperature gauge, but it only has a selection of 1-10, which means that you need a thermometer to check to see what temperature it is actually set at.
This cooler comes with a lock and key for additional security. Keep your alcohol safe and secure or just keep others away from your stash of pop. This is a beautiful cooler, with a glass door that allows you to see what drinks you have on hand. Plus, the interior light stays on all the time, giving off a blue glow.
- The Haier cooler has the capacity for over 150 cans that are 12-ounces.
- The four shelves are adjustable and coated with vinyl to hold the cans or bottles in place.
- The lower rack is removable, which makes it great for storing large bottles.
- This cooler features an automatic defrost for easy cleaning.
- The Haier cooler only cools the beverages about 20 degrees cooler than house temperature. For those looking to store beer, this could be a serious problem. However, you there is a simple solution if you don’t mind tinkering with your cooler. All you have to do is take off the temperature gauge and turn the screw that sets the temperature to the right making it colder manually. Use a thermometer to make the cooler whatever temperature you wish.
The best beverage cooler is the Danby 120 Beverage Can Beverage Center, which cools drinks to the proper temperature. No matter if you have soda, beer, or wine. This cooler has the room you need and an elegant design that can fit into any type of space or decor.
The capacity is large enough for cooling just about any beverage, from a small can to a large bottle of wine. It will even keep your drinks safe and secure, with lock and key system. Making it ideal for storing drinks anywhere, from a dorm room to the office.